Effectively Leading & Managing Team Briefings
- Duration: 1 day
- Cost: £149 + VAT per delegate
- Ref: SPTB
Team briefing brings managers together with their teams on a face-to-face basis so that information can be delivered, questions asked and feedback collected. It's an excellent way to enable communication upwards, downwards and sideways throughout an organisation. This face-to-face communication between managers and their teams is vital to the efficient and effective operation of an organisation.
Who is it for
This workshop will enable team leaders and managers to conduct effective team briefings that are interactive and engaging.
What is it about
Team briefings provide a channel for delivering clear messages and encouraging open communication. Timely face-to-face communication prevents rumour and the grapevine from gaining credibility. They are not just about informing people, but listening and responding to questions and concerns.It enables questions and suggestions to be fed back from staff to senior management and develops greater awareness and involvement at all levels. Briefings develop a shared sense of mission, vision, and reasons why we’re here. Successful team briefing ensures that there is less misunderstanding within teams and ensures that staff are kept up to date. Delivering team briefings effectively can be the key to your workplace success.
- What’s the rationale behind the briefing
- Planning for the briefing and leading it effectively
- Energising and motivating a group
- Projecting confidence and interacting effectively
- Handling difficult behaviours
- Managing group dynamics and enabling ideas sharing/participation
- Skills practice – leading a discussion
What will I get out of it
- Increase awareness of your communication style and the impact it has on others
- Ability to influence others and be assertive
- Increased confidence and ability to deliver engaging briefings
- Improved professional image and personal impact