ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management
- Duration: Six modules (9.30am - 4.30pm)
- Cost: £965 per delegate plus VAT.
- Ref: SPL513
Improve your team’s performance and boost your career prospects with a nationally recognised qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Who is it for
This course is for managers and leaders looking to enhance their skills.
What is it about
It will enable you to assess your current management competence and increase your self-awareness of your preferred leadership style. It will improve your ability to manage, lead and ensure your organisation’s plans become reality.
Working to Government guidelines and with the threat of a second Covid wave this autumn, we plan to deliver the programme remotely using Microsoft Zoom and online resources
- Send out pre-work in advance of each Zoom session - this will include things to read, watch online or self-assessment questionnaires
- Deliver shorter interactive sessions on each of the six modules using Microsoft Zoom, each session will be approximately three hours with you dialling in from home, work, or wherever you feel you will learn the best. These sessions will be very interactive, with use of breakouts, practical activities and plenty of discussion.
- Provide an offline forum for you to continue discussions with the group, share extra resources and key learning points.
- One-to-one Zoom or phone calls will also take place to check on your progress and “coach” you between sessions.
For you to be able to access these sessions you will need:
- laptop, PC or device with camera and microphone
- a quiet place to learn
Additional self/home study will be required in between sessions to meet the requirements of this qualification.
Welcome and Self Assessment
- Introductions and getting to know one another
- Understanding the programme and its style
- About the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management)
- Assessment requirements
- What you can expect from us
- How to gain the most from the programme
- Self assessment of management competence (Margerison McCann Team Management Profile)
Module 1 - Understanding your Role as a Manager & Leader (1 day)
- Induction and what you can expect from the ILM programme
- Management versus leadership
- The role of the manager and leader including best practice behaviours
- Leadership styles and the practical application of them
- How to lead so that others follow
- Motivating self and others to perform and succeed
- Leading with credibility and integrity
- Building trust and influencing others
- Who are your stakeholders and what are their needs?
- How can you effectively meet your stakeholders needs
Module 2 - Successfully Managing and Leading Change (1 day)
- Understanding the impact of organisational change on people
- The model of change for individuals, teams and organisations
- Leading and supporting people through the change process
- Keeping people motivated
- What barriers are there to change?
- Why change fails? The most common mistakes!
- The importance of good communication
- Personal action planning & review
Module 3 - Performance Management (1 day)
- Understanding your role in performance management
- Improving and maintaining staff performance
- Identify reasons for poor performance
- Setting expectations
- Getting people to recognise issues for themselves
- Nipping issues in the bud
- Getting to grips with the three essential steps
- Addressing poor performance issues
- Consistently and fairly using Performance Improvement plans or ( specific tool/process/procedure)
- Skills practice handling ‘real’ issues
Module 4 - Leading & Developing Teams & Team Management Profile (1 day)
- To identify essential teamwork characteristics
- Identify the stages of team development
- Assessing the team in which you work
- Providing direction as a people manager
- Self-assessment using TMSDI’s Team Management Profile
- Understanding high performance team work
- Discovering how people approach work
- Exploring balanced teams and the characteristics of successful teams
- Recognising the value of different working styles
- Developing greater understanding of own work preferences
- Understanding what motivates you as an individual at work
Module 5 – Further Developing Your Personal Effectiveness (1 day)
- Keeping your goals in focus
- Developing your assertiveness
- Recognising aggression and passivity
- Facing up to challenging situations
- The benefits and downsides to delegation
- Delegation v empowerment – what’s the difference?
- Practical delegation techniques
- Personal action planning
Module 6 - Coaching Skills for Managers (1 day)
- The importance of communication in the workplace
- The communication cycle and barriers to it
- Recap on your communication style using self-assessment (TMP)
- Understanding when coaching can best be used and how it benefits others
- Generating self-awareness and responsibility in others
- Key skills to becoming an effective coach
- Agreeing realistic goals
- Building rapport
- Developing powerful questioning skills
- Giving honest feedback when necessary
- Getting comfortable with the GROW model
- What's it like to be coached
- Skills practice
What will I get out of it
- An enhanced set of practical skills that will improve your performance on a day-to-day basis.
- A boost to your knowledge, skills and career prospects.
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Student membership of the ILM including: access to a wide range of online resources, events, and access to the library of management publications.
Duration: Six modules (9.30am - 4.30pm)
Cost: £965 per delegate plus VAT.
Next course delivered via Zoom on:
15th September 2020
1st Oct 2020
22nd Oct 2020
26th Nov 2020
17th Dec 2020
19th Jan 2021
16th Feb 2021
We'd love to hear from you. Call us on 01422 399 519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I take this opportunity to thank you for organising the Level 5 course. I have found it extremely beneficial and Andrew the tutor was exceptional. I will certainly recommend your courses and I am already interested in taking the next level.