ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management
- Duration: 6 full days (9.30am - 4.30pm)
- Cost: £849 per delegate plus VAT. 40% funding is available for SME's
- Ref: SPL513
Improve your team’s performance and boost your career prospects with a nationally recognised qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Who is it for
This course is for managers and leaders looking to enhance their skills.
What is it about
It will enable you to assess your current management competence and increase your self-awareness of your preferred leadership style. It will improve your ability to manage, lead and ensure your organisation’s plans become reality.
Module 1 – Welcome and Self Assessment
- Introductions and getting to know one another
- Understanding the programme and its style
- About the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management)
- Assessment requirements
- What you can expect from us
- How to gain the most from the programme
- Self assessment of management competence (Margerison McCann Team Management Profile)
Module 2 – Understanding the Management Role (1 day)
- The purpose of organisations – missions/visions and values
- How their structures work
- Appreciating stakeholders and their differing objectives
- Where Managers fit – Different levels and the challenges associated with each
- Management versus leadership
- Situational leadership and using different styles
- What motivates people?
- Action planning
Module 3 - Successfully Managing Change (1 day)
- Understanding the impact of organisational change on people
- The model of change for individuals, teams and organisations
- Leading and supporting people through the change process
- Keeping people motivated
- What barriers are there to change?
- Why change fails? The most common mistakes!
- The importance of good communication
- Personal action planning & review
Module 4 – Further Developing Your Personal Effectiveness (1 day)
- Keeping your goals in focus
- Developing your assertiveness
- Recognising aggression and passivity
- Facing up to challenging situations
- The benefits and downsides to delegation
- Delegation v empowerment – what’s the difference?
- Practical delegation techniques
- Understanding the effects of personal stress
- Recognising your stress signals/developing techniques to minimise
- Personal action planning
Module 5 – Managing Performance (1 day)
- Understanding your role in performance management
- Sharing your work challenges
- Setting expectations
- Getting people to recognise issues for themselves
- ‘Nipping issues in the bud’
- Working within the law
- Getting to grips with the 3 essential steps
- Practice handling realistic issues
Module 6 – Assessing your own Leadership Capability and Performance (1 day)
- True inspirational leadership
- Different styles of leadership and their impact
- Creating leadership at all levels in the organisation
- Reviewing Leadership in your organisation
- Assessing your Leadership Capability
- Develop flexibility in your leadership style
- Improve your influencing and communication skills
- Change unwanted behaviours and habits in positive ways
- Build and maintain rapport
- Practice your leadership skills
All participants will need to complete two work based assignments. Details of these will be given as near to the start of the programme as possible. Everyone will be given the opportunity to have a coaching/tutorial session.
What will I get out of it
- An enhanced set of practical skills that will improve your performance on a day-to-day basis.
- A boost to your knowledge, skills and career prospects.
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Student membership of the ILM including: access to a wide range of online resources, events, and access to the library of management publications.
Duration: 6 full days (9.30am - 4.30pm)
Cost: £849 per delegate plus VAT. 40% funding is available for SME's
7th & 28th Feb, 14th Mar, 10th April, 1st & 15th May 2019
Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax, West Yorkshire
We'd love to hear from you. Call us on 01422 399 519 or email us at email@example.com
Can I take this opportunity to thank you for organising the Level 5 course. I have found it extremely beneficial and Andrew the tutor was exceptional. I will certainly recommend your courses and I am already interested in taking the next level.