ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management
- Duration: 4 days (1 day per fortnight)
- Cost: £549 + VAT per delegate. 40% funding is available for SME's
- Ref: SPL3EM
Supporting new managers and team leaders do their job well can improve morale, increase efficiency and make a difference to the bottom line.
Who is it for?
This qualification is aimed at newly appointed team leaders or aspiring managers.
It provides a solid foundation for the development of skills, knowledge and understanding needed to lead and manage effectively. It’s highly practical and will enhance your day to day skills with immediate effect.
What is it about?
It is designed to provide the core skills and knowledge to help team leaders and first line managers really make a difference to performance within their team.
It is a nationally recognised qualification accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (part of the City & Guilds Group). for further details visit http://www.i-l-m.com).
Module 1 – Welcome & Introduction to Leadership & Management (1 day)
- Introductions and getting to know one another
- Understanding the programme and its style
- Personal objectives and how to gain the most from the programme/support available
- The purpose of organisations – mission/vision and values
- The role of the manager/team leader in delivering results
- Management vs Leadership – knowing when each is needed
- Assessing your leadership strengths and development areas
- Getting the balance right (task, team and individual needs)
Module 2 –Developing Effective Management Skills (1 day)
- Organising and objective setting
- Planning to achieve your objectives
- Managing yourself and your time successfully
- Benefits of delegation and reasons for doing it
- Delegation and empowerment – developing practical delegation techniques
- Effective decision making processes
- Stages & techniques for problem solving with individuals and groups
- Introducing creative thinking
- Learning review and action planning
Module 3 – Leading and Developing your Team (using Team Management Profile) (1 day)
- Reviewing different types of team
- The characteristics of an effective team
- Recognising the roles of individuals within a team and their effect on one another (using TMP)
- Assessing the team in which you work
- Stages of team development
- The role of the team leader in developing the team
- Forces for change
- The effect of change on teams and individuals
- The role of the team leader in leading and managing change
Module 4 – Managing Individuals (1 day)
- Different methods of communication and when they are appropriate
- Recognising different types of communication and personal preference
- Verbal communication – effective listening and questioning skills
- Choosing the right leadership style to suit the person/situation
- Managing performance and appraisal skills
- Practical ways of tackling under-performance
- Handling difficult situations faced by managers
- Dealing with conflict
- Your role in assessing and improving motivation
- Practice handling realistic issues
- Feedback and personal action planning
What will I get out of it?
- An enhanced set of practical skills that will improve your performance and the performance of your team on a day-to-day basis.
- Increased confidence and greater self awareness
- A nationally recognised qualification
- Student membership of the ILM including: access to a wide range of online resources and events,
- Improved business results
Duration: 4 days (1 day per fortnight)
Cost: £549 + VAT per delegate. 40% funding is available for SME's
Please contact us for dates
Public programme: Elsie Whiteley Innovation Centre, Halifax, West Yorkshire
We'd love to hear from you. Call us on 01422 399 519 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“I have put into practice so much of what I learnt on this course. The time it saves me over a week I would not have believed a few months ago. Delegation and leading meetings has become a lot easier.”